sorry for the bad picture - i wasn't expecting to blog this, but it was really tasty.
good things about soy curls:
- since they're dry, they're easy to keep on hand.
- you can cook a lot or just a little at a time without worrying about the leftovers (i'm looking at you, half-blocks of tofu).
- they're fast - 10 minutes to rehydrate
- easy to flavor and use. just saute with a little sauce, and voila.
- they're local (to me), made in grand ronde, or.
- available in bulk. at least at food fight.
neat. their texture is kind of like fajita meat - chewy strips. i liked them a lot with the teriyaki sauce, especially. mmm. the teriyaki soy curl/roasted cauliflower meal was borne of desperation, but turned out really great.
it's my new food crush. you come here to me, soy curls.