Thursday, October 16, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
sorry for the bad picture - i wasn't expecting to blog this, but it was really tasty.
good things about soy curls:
- since they're dry, they're easy to keep on hand.
- you can cook a lot or just a little at a time without worrying about the leftovers (i'm looking at you, half-blocks of tofu).
- they're fast - 10 minutes to rehydrate
- easy to flavor and use. just saute with a little sauce, and voila.
- they're local (to me), made in grand ronde, or.
- available in bulk. at least at food fight.
neat. their texture is kind of like fajita meat - chewy strips. i liked them a lot with the teriyaki sauce, especially. mmm. the teriyaki soy curl/roasted cauliflower meal was borne of desperation, but turned out really great.
it's my new food crush. you come here to me, soy curls.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
also, i live in an apartment, so i'd need to have something contained that won't attract pests. we have some room outside for something that could get rained on.
has anyone used the envirocycle? it seems like something that would be
b) low on the gross-out factor for my dainty sensibilities.