Sunday, August 17, 2008

accidental sausage

after being turned away from a sold out showing at laurelhurst theater last night, brian and i were still hoping for pizza, and headed to a local joint. a few slices in, i noticed that the cheese in my mouth was especially savory and chewy. it took a few seconds to register - sausage! a small piece of sausage had made its way onto our olive and mushroom pie. uguugggh! what does a vegetarian do in this situation? i just spat it out, spat some more, and made complaining faces for about an hour. brian wanted to go say something, but i wouldn't let him. that was more for my sanity. making it a bigger deal would have just freaked me out more. what would you have done? say something to the people working there? go about your business and forget the whole thing?

2 comments:

JohnH said...

It happened to me on one occasion when I was still a vegetarian. I also didn't say anything.

Frisky said...

hmmm. maybe it's genetic, then.